Michael Cohn | Site Pro News | January 14, 2016
LinkedIn is an extremely effective, powerful social media channel for professionals. It has tremendous capabilities and it can really help you to bring your business to the next level in many ways, including by attracting new clients.
Are you working LinkedIn the way you should?
If you don’t yet realize how important social media is for your business, it may be for many different reasons. One of those reasons may be because it doesn’t seem to be meeting your expectations. You may be putting in a great deal of effort and, yet, results are lackluster. It is important that you know you are not alone with that experience. However, there is a lot more that you can be doing with LinkedIn that will change the results that you are experiencing.
LinkedIn has many advantages
In addition to its many other wonderful features, LinkedIn can also help you to concentrate on your core business while it takes care of other aspects of the interactions that are so vital. LinkedIn will allow you to create a solid network of professional people and, as a LinkedIn user, you can enjoy the benefit of many of the tool’s unique features. For example:
• Exposure to influencers: LinkedIn gives you access to influencers. Influencers can be helpful in many different ways. They can really help you to bring your business to the next level quickly.
• Wider distribution of your content: Another wonderful advantage that LinkedIn gives you is that you can spread your content around to many more places than you ever could before. It allows you to be a member of 50 different groups and you can share your content with all 50 groups (of course, following the rules of the groups at all times).
• Attract more visitors to your blog and to your website: LinkedIn has the potential to increase the number of visitors who pay attention to your blog and to your website. Because of the increased exposure of your content, more and more people will start to notice what you are doing and they will begin to interact with you. That is exactly how your relationship begins.
• You will be able to generate more leads: LinkedIn is extremely effective at helping you to generate leads. In fact, it has been proven that it is more effective than many of the other popular social media channels.
• Keep your relationships organized: When it comes to professional relationships, it is really important to keep them as organized as possible. Otherwise, it will become chaotic for you and you will want to pull out your hair!
Why is LinkedIn such an effective social media tool?
There are many features that make LinkedIn effective. If you work those features properly, you will see positive results for your business. You should follow certain steps in a particular order.
• Make sure your profile is complete: Before you do anything else, make sure your LinkedIn profile is complete. That is one of the main ways in which people will get to know who you are and what your business is all about. Make sure your profile is precise and extremely clear.
• Single out your prospective clients: If you have any hope at all of attracting new clients, that will only happen if you identify them first. Once you have had a chance to think about it, you will start to identify those prospects.
• Invite the right people to connect with you on LinkedIn: Once you have been able to identify a person with whom you want to form a relationship, it is time to invite that person to connect with you. However, you should be discriminating when it comes to LinkedIn connections. Quality over quantity is a really sensible idea. What is the point of having a huge number of connections on LinkedIn if you don’t have anything to do with most of them?
• Be polite to your LinkedIn connections: Once you have invited someone to connect with you and they have accepted your invitation, you should show your appreciation by thanking that person. You may be surprised at how far one little “thank you” will take you.
For the remaining tips, read the whole article on SiteProNews.com.