Each year, I watch the trends of the Super Bowl commercials. This year I decided to take a poll and see what the audience thinks. The people I polled ranged in age from from ten to fifty-five years-old. I found the most popular spots to be:
- “The 80’s Called and Wants Their Store Back” by Radio Shack
- “Time Machine” by Doritos
- “Puppy Love” by Budweiser
- “Dad’s Sixth Sense” by Hyundai Genesis
- “Wonderful Pistachios Stephen Colbert” by Wonderful Pistachios
- “A Better Web Awaits” by Squarespace (They’re a Super Bowl newcomer.)
- “Romance” by Chevrolet
The consensus among the twenty people I polled was that these seven spots were the clear-cut favorites. “Puppy Love”, an ad for Budweiser beer, is a great example of a feel- good spot, and I believe the world will rank this as one of the highest of this year’s Super Bowl advertisements. In years past, humor has been a key aspect to the theme of the Budweiser brand, featuring monkeys one year and babies talking the next. However, this year was very much a free-for-all.
Mark Beebe oversees all current clients. His secondary focus is leading the creative with original thinkers who provide innovative processes and insightful answers for clients’ marketing needs. His 30+ years has garnered the team to over 50+ national and international awards. As a partner, Mark, looks for unusual solutions to bring smart results and metrics to your bottom line.