Pinterest is a very useful marketing tool to promote your brand using creative content. 88% of weekly “Pinners” have made a purchase based on content they saw from brands on Pinterest, yet only 28% of marketers are already using Pinterest. This platform remains relevant in popularity and is used as a resource for craft and decorations, home building (hyperlink to first Pinterest blog) shopping, and more. Developing content that is useful and creative on this platform can help generate brand awareness and creatively attract customers to your product.
Starting up your Pinterest Account
When starting up your Pinterest marketing account, ensure that you sign up as a business account. Organize your content into multiple boards for various target segments or topics of interest relating to your brand. Pinterest is a visual platform, so it is vital to keep in mind the following factors in content creation:
- Use high quality, soft, and original images when possible
- Images without faces perform 23% higher on this platform
- Present information in creative and well-presented infographics
- Be sure to size your images correctly
- Simple is key
Increasing Pins and Reshares
Gaining a following on social media is a timely process, but there are some key tips to be successful on building your Pinterest account:
- Pin regularly.
- Use keywords for SEO
- Use promoted pins.
- Use Rich Pins to offer more detail than standard pins.
- Link your content to other boards and websites
- Include hovering pin buttonson your website.
- Post during Pinterest’s peak hours, which is between 2:00-4:00pm and 8:00-11:00pm.
- Invite other companies to collaborate on a board.
Pinterest Marketing Campaign Launch and Beyond
- Build a strategy that takes consumers from awareness to purchase in the buyer’s journey by taking advantage of Pinterest ad formats such as Promoted Video for awareness and Promoted Carousel for consideration.
- Because pinners are more likely to purchase new products at the beginning of their lifecycle, “heavy up” on media at the start of the campaign.
- Use Pinterest’s Audience Targeting feature to gain repeat purchases.
Whether your goal is to generate leads or increase brand awareness, Pinterest is a fun, creative, and effective tool for business marketing.
Click here to learn more about social media from our FREE Social Prospecting Workbook
INSERT CTA FOR COVID RESOURCE
The landscape of the Internet is ever changing and Nicole has the energy and aptitude to keep Stevens & Tate Marketing out in front of the pack. She leads an enthusiastic team in strategic planning, development, search engine marketing, online promotions and advertising for the web.